A swimming pool is a great investment for your home value and good quality of life. It is even more important if you are living somewhere that has really hot summer days. It can be one of the best ways to escape the heat by taking a quick splash into the deep end. Whether you want a large pool with water features and an outdoor kitchen or a small pool with a deck, the project will require a lot of investment. It is important that you make sure that you make the right decision. This begins with choosing the right pool design for your home. Here are a few tips that will help you make the right decision.
- Select the type of pool you want
There are several types of pool options you can opt for. It is up to you to figure out if your backyard and budget will accommodate it. For example, you might have a specific pool design on your mind, which might work better with a fibreglass pool. One of the great things about getting a fibreglass pool is that you can customize it for any shape and style. Other than this, you should consider the convenience and affordability of installing a fibreglass pool. There are several different sizes and styles for you to select from. It is important to remember that your swimming pool is your backyard’s focal point. Depending on the type of pool you choose, you can decorate the backyard.
- Maximise space
Your house might not have a big enough space to have a large swimming pool. But, thanks to advances in construction and technology methods and new planning regulations, pools can be built along the property’s boundary in order to maximize the use of space. Your pool should be positioned in a way that makes the best use of the available space. Here are a few tips:
- Build the pool in a way that doesn’t section off a large part of your backyard
- Use the existing boundary fence as the pool fence
- All you need is single or double-sided access. You don’t have to install a full perimeter access
- Build it in the area that is visible from your home’s living areas
- Think of the functions
Think about the different ways you can use your swimming pool. Here are a few ideas:
- Bond with your family – If you have kids, you might want to prioritize spending time together in the pool. You can have meals on the patio or play games in the pool. You can add fun features like a basketball hoop or a fountain bubbler. You should also think about installing additional safety features like a self-latching gate and a pool door alarm.
- Relief from stress – If you want to use your pool for relaxation, you can opt for a spa pool combination. It is also a great option if you live with elderly people or a handicapped person who is undergoing physical therapy. Having a spa pool will ensure that you can get some relief for your joints and muscles.
- Exercise – If you are a serious swimmer or a health buff, you might want to get a lap pool. All types of athletes can benefit from swimming. It can help you with weight control, strengthen your cardiovascular system, build stamina, and tone the muscles.
- Consider your budget
Choosing the right pool design requires you to consider your budget as well. Sit down and work on a detailed budget. If you are on a tight budget, you can get a vinyl liner pool. Even though they have attractive price tags, they can get easily damaged or torn. So, you might end up paying more in bills for repairs. Apart from this, you also have to replace the lining every five years, all of which will add up to a lot over your pool’s lifetime.
An inground fibreglass pool perth is one of the most popular options in the market. They are affordable and offer the build quality and strength of a concrete pool. Some fibreglass pools come with ceramic cores, which makes them able to withstand heavy usage, demands of the climate, and more.
Concrete pools are on the higher end of the pool options. Unlike fibreglass or vinyl-liner pools, concrete pools are built from scratch. They are prefabricated and transported to your backyard. Since there is a lot of work involved in building a concrete pool, you might have to wait weeks or even months before you can enjoy swimming in the pool. Also, the labour costs will be huge. Once the pool is built, you will also have to spend money on cladding or tiling. However, these pools are strong and durable, so they will last a lifetime.
- Look into backyard aesthetics
The pool design shouldn’t clash with your backyard’s look and aesthetics. Overall, it should look unified and seamless. It should look like your home’s natural extension. Here is what you should consider:
- Style – Depending on the style of your house, you might want a pool design that matches its look. For instance, if you have a contemporary or traditional home model, your pool should complement it.
- Colour – Colour can make or break your pool’s aesthetics. You can choose a dominant hue that ties the whole look together. You can add some landscaping features that blend in with your property’s architectural properties and the pool design.
Apart from this, there are a couple of other decisions you can make before selecting the right pool design. You have to make decisions regarding adding a deck, decorative tile, a screen, or fountains. Some people opt for a small shed where they can store tools and pool chemicals. You might also have to run electricity, plumbing, and other utilities to ensure that your pool is comfortable and luxurious. You also have to think about safety. You have to make sure that your swimming pool is as safe as possible. Features like nonslip surfaces and good lighting can make a lot of difference.